The country has emerged with great-promise for the IT services industry because of the highly qualified IT&C Romanian professionals and also due to the growing European demand for nearshore services.
Here are a few reasons why clients look at Romania as a suitable software outsourcing destination:
- Cost-effective pricing structure: Romania promotes a strong value proposition by having the ability to offer cost-effective and high-quality IT services.
- Competence & Skills: In fact, the 2016 Cushman & Wakefield BPO Location Index ranked Romania at no. 1. Romania ranks #5 in the list of countries with the highest number of certified IT professionals (as a BrainBench study shows). The Romanian IT education system and IT industry is highly supported by the government, measure that produce valuable new specialists in IT, each year. Investors have labeled Romania as an “outsourcing valley” for BPO, ITO, software development, research programs, knowledge process outsourcing operations, and shared services.
- English language skills: Over 80% of Romanians in the IT sector speak English. At IQDATA knowledge of the English language is a must when it comes to hiring people.
- Time zone: Romania, Cluj Napoca is very well positioned and more or less in the same time-zone as most European countries. This is a big plus when it comes to the implementation of agile development. Other destinations (India, Vietnam, China), have a bigger difference when it comes to time zones.
- Proximity: as mentioned, Cluj Napoca is just one hour time difference and is only a few hours of flight away from most European capitals. There are many options when it comes to airlines that can take you to and from here.
- European Union: Romania is a member of the EU since 2007, which makes outsourcing to Romania and working with Romanian companies easy, safe and within your reach.
IQDATA is a European IT consultancy with offices in Canada and Romania. We provide IT services in the areas of development, quality assurance, support and consulting. Our staff of highly qualified professionals covers all aspects of state-of-the-art technologies in object oriented and web centered environments.